AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Business Law
- Commercial Litigation
Jeremy heads up our Commercial Practice. He has undertaken and completed postgraduate studies in Corporate and Securities Law at the University of Melbourne and mediation electives at Bond University.
Jeremy is one of a very few practitioners to have been awarded specialist accreditation by the Law Institute of Victoria in both business law and in commercial litigation.
In addition to extensive legal experience, Jeremy has the benefit of direct operational business experience and currently sits on boards of management. Jeremy brings to the table not only acute legal skills but also practical business skills and provides straightforward advice to assist in the development of new and established businesses and the avoidance of disputes.
Jeremy's practice includes:
- structuring businesses and commercial ventures
- drafting and advising on commercial and security agreements
- personal property & securities law
- corporate and compliance advice for corporations and individual directors and officers
- commercial litigation, Australia-wide
- debt control and dispute resolution
- assisting lenders in the enforcement of mortgages
Recent matters which Jeremy has provided legal advice include:
Jeremy has also worked extensively outside Australia as a commercial legal adviser in the Middle East including Bahrain, the United Arab Emirates and the Islamic Republic of Iran.
Jeremy is a bike junkie owning (at last count) 5 bikes of varying styles and is the operational director of St Kilda Cycles